Addressing Policy Issues
Dr. Christina Sieber is a co-organizer and project manager of the 10th International BMP Conference where she coordinates tasks and supports the organizing team in harnessing its full capacity. Her objective is to weave sustainability into the framework of the conference and create an organizing blueprint for future events held at the university.
This Module will introduce you to selected project management tools which you will apply in networked, team-based projects with your peers throughout the module. Theoretical concepts concerning project management as well as examples and tasks for gaining practical skills will be treating through the units. You will deal with challenges in conflict and crises situations such as the European refugee crises and plan your own projects.
- You will be familiarized with the project life cycle, projects' organizational structure and organizational behavior.
- The Module is designed to provide you with tools for goal setting, planning, controlling and evaluating projects and applying these tools in exercises and case scenarios.
- You will get the opportunity to improve your conversation and negotiation skills in intercultural contexts, to gain knowledge in conflict management, and to apply tools of co-operation for successful team work.
- Taking part in creating a project plan as a response to the refugee crisis and creating a written documentation and Skype presentation in a group work.
- Preparing the final research paper, based on your previous work. The final paper can only be submitted if the previous tasks were passed.
- 8 ECTS
- 12 weeks
- 1.195 Euro
- Optional On-site Workshop in October each year