Managing Executive Challenges
Anja Wollenberg is one of the founders of Media in Cooperation and Transition (MiCT) and has been a director of the non-profit organization since 2004 together with Klaas Glenewinkel. She is in charge of research and public relations at MiCT as well as project design and project evaluation. Her main field of interest and expertise is media development in post-conflict and transitional countries; in particular, she has expertise on Iraq, Tunisia and Libya.
Anke Fiedler has been a freelance consultant with Media in Cooperation and Transition (MiCT) since 2009 and her main tasks revolve around the research, design, monitoring and evaluation of MiCT projects. After having studied communication, psychology and sociology in Munich and Paris and having obtained her doctorate, Ms. Fiedler worked on projects at UNESCO in Amman and in Paris. She has also been a researcher and lecturer at the University of Munich.
In this Module, you will learn how to conduct research and carry out an analysis of the media system. The Module focus on different dimensions of a media system such as structuring of the media landscape, economic context of the media market, legal and political framework of the media landscape.
- You will be able to research, analyze and evaluate the structure as well as the economic and legal framework conditions of a media system in a given host country.
- You will get the capability to effectively plan and place their own information and advertising campaigns in a media system.
- You will be provided with practical skills concerning active participating in controversial discussions, presenting and supporting your own arguments and elaborating a well-structured research paper.
- Completing two individual writing tasks concerning an analysis on press freedom, pluralism and regulation as well as journalistic ethics and the principles of journalism in the media sector in your selected country.
- Completing two collective tasks concerning presenting and discussing the preliminary results of your analysis from individual tasks in a video-conference with other students.
- Preparing the final comprehensive media system analysis on your specific country.
- 7 ECTS
- 12 weeks
- 1.795 Euro
- Optional On-site Workshop in February each year