Global Institutions: How Do They Work in Eastern Europe
Managing Executive Challenges
Prof. Jürgen Neyer is Professor of Political Science with emphasis on the institutional order of the European Union at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt (Oder), Germany. He has published numerous articles about European institutions and their impact on the German state as well as about international institutions such as the WTO. His on-going research projects deal with the parliamentary democracy in the EU, the European border regimes as well as challenges and risks in border regions.
In this Module, you will acquire knowledge about the degree to which the host country is integrated in international integration and the status of your host country in international and regional organizations such as the United Nations (UN), the World Trade Organization (WTO), or the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO). The Module will also provide knowledge about different representation forms of regional and international organizations in your host country and the possibilities of addressing and integrating them.
- You will be able to analyze und evaluate the impact of international rule of law systems as well as their importance for your host countries.
- You will get the opportunity to analyze and critically assess problems and constellations in the relations between the state and the international organization.
- You will be provided with practical skills concerning active participating in controversial discussions, presenting and supporting your own arguments and elaborating a well-structured research paper.
- Completing two individual writing tasks concerning the choice of policies and instruments as well as an international body in which you pursue to achieve you goals.
- Completing two group works concerning negotiation between the group members in order to achieve own goals as well as establish a compromise.
- Preparing the strategy paper in order to reflect on the experience of identifying a national policy goal and establishing cooperation.
- 7 ECTS
- 12 weeks
- 1.795 Euro
- Optional On-site Workshop in February each year