Alumni Association e.V.
On February 28th, 2011 the CGP Alumni Network established an official Alumni Association registered under German law as ‘CGP Alumni Association (e.V.)’. The idea to create a network of CGP alumni was born in 2008, when the CGP brought together a group of alumni in Nida, a small village on the Curonian Spit in Lithuania. This very first alumni workshop was mainly spent analyzing existing networks and the advantages of a CGP network. By that time the CGP already had a very dynamic alumni network of the Summer School in China.
Since then, a ‘special task force’ of alumni ambassadors has been working hard to write the statute of the Association and to organize its legal registration under German law. On February 28th, 2011 the network officially registered the CGP Alumni Association (e.V.) as a legal entity.
Now that the organization is official it is much easier for the CGP alumni to arrange conferences and other events, bringing together alumni from different programs and nations. It also enables them to build a positive image and a strong reputation. Membership therefore enhances career and professional development, as well as helping CGP alumni to stay in touch.
The Board of Directors and the Working Groups deal with a number of different issues:
- They are responsible for the conception of the alumni newsletter and online networking strategies in order to foster informational flow among the alumni.
- They shall allocate funds to support students and to foster research potential of the network in the future.
- They work on PR and branding strategies to build a strong and positive CGP alumni brand.
- The Board of Directors also sorts out formalities, secures efficient cross-group communication of ideas and keeps in touch with the CGP to ensure consistency between CGP activities and the network.
President: Jinél is a South African who moved to Berlin, Germany, at the end of 2016. Previously, she has also lived in Reggio Emilia, Italy for a short stint as an exchange student; and in Guadalajara, Mexico for almost three years. Jinél holds a postgraduate degree in Development Studies and ...
Vice President: Ricardo was born in Puerto Rico, has lived in USA, Venezuela, the Dominican Republic, France and is currently based in Berlin, Germany. Having lived in several beautiful countries around the world and coming from a family with a strong background in diplomacy, he now serves as a ...
Secretary: Astrid currently serves as an Executive in Residence in Management and International Business for the Sellinger School of Business at Loyola University Maryland where she teaches various courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. In addition, she is the Director of the ...
- partner CeDis center for digital systems ir online freie universität berlin