GSGP Call for Applications PhD 2012
News from Nov 16, 2011
The GSGP is a 3-year PhD program with 8-10 outstanding PhD candidates from FU Berlin and selected Chinese partner universities.
The Center for Global Politics (CGP) is a distinguished institution of Freie Universität Berlin (FU) directed by Prof. Klaus Segbers. The CGP is now launching a call for applications for its Graduate School of Global Politics (GSGP). Offering a combination of academic preparation, research and hands-on experience, the GSGP is the place to acquire contextual knowledge and prepare for an outstanding career. The integrated German-Chinese program is a cooperative endeavor between selected Chinese universities and Freie Universität Berlin. It is designed for applicants with dissertation topics in International Relations and Global Politics with a regional focus on East Asia. The FU Berlin is one of nine “Universities of Excellence” in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Special features of the program include:
- Pioneer Concept: the first bi-national German-Chinese PhD program in the social sciences;
- Systematic coursework: in-depth knowledge of theories in International Relations (IR) and courses on various methodologies best suited for each PhD candidate’s field of specialization;
- A 6-12 month research stay: an opportunity for detailed on-the-spot research and an intensive international academic experience;
- High-quality academic monitoring: consultation with two advisors, both renowned scholars, for the whole period of the dissertation;
- Practical experience: various courses in research management, think tank projects and internship opportunities;
- Joint certificate: award of a doctoral degree from the PhD candidate’s home university and a joint certificate from both universities.
The Center for Global Politics is now inviting students to apply for the GSGP program through Freie Universität Berlin. Accepted candidates start in fall 2012. They will complete their research at selected Chinese universities. After successfully finishing the program and dissertation, students will receive a doctoral degree from FU Berlin together with the joint certificate.
For more information about the program visit our website at www.cgp-phd.org. Please use the online application tool you find there. Application deadline is February 1, 2012. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.